Our Honors and Organizations
In 2008, Mr. Seibert was among the first 1000 professionals obtaining the wealth management skill set of the future. The Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS) designation, administered by Cannon Financial Institute, recognizes those individuals completing thorough study of the 13 Wealth Management issues to comprehensively address and advise clients' wealth management needs.
By obtaining the CWS designation, Mr. Seibert is armed with the technical knowledge, practice management know-how and the critical client communication skills to create and build a wealth advisory practice that works effectively for clients with more complex wealth issues striving to become his clients' trusted advisor.
"The creation of the CWS designation was in response to a need in the industry for a practical, application-based certification program for financial professionals. Specifically, in volatile times like the present, a respected financial service professional requires the skill set of a "trusted advisor”. Defined as an advisor with not only the competencies to understand their clients specific wealth needs but the conversational skills to communicate it in a way that the client comprehends. Completing this designation distinguishes the recipient for their commitment to their clients' financial future,” said Phil Buchanan, Chairman, CWS Advisory Board and CEO, Cannon Financial Institute.
To obtain the Certified Wealth Strategist certification one must go through a comprehensive blended-approach to learning. The program consists of 4 days of classroom training, months of directed study (including textbooks & study guides, e-learning lessons, technical tests) and completion of a final Capstone project. The entire study takes approximately six months to complete. The designation is awarded upon the successful completion of the entire program and passing of the Capstone project. The Certified Wealth Strategist education and designation are administered by Cannon Financial Institute, in which the CWS Board of Standards awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements of 33 hours of CE (30 general and 3 Ethical) for each two year reporting period.
The Registered Financial Consultant, RFC, is a professional designation awarded by the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC) to financial advisors who meet high standards of education, experience and integrity. It is the only professional organization that requires all of its members to meet and document stringent requirements: Experience, Education, Examination, Licensing, Integrity, Ethics, Continuing Education, Ethics CE, Compliance, and Plan Writing Capacity.
Obtaining the RFC designation in 1995, Mr. Seibert completed the above requirements and has maintained the continuing minimum requirement of 40 hours per year of Professional Continuing Education in the field of personal finance and professional practice management.
Mr. Seibert has received extensive training and certification in all the benefit programs CSRS and FERS employees have available to them and how they can be integrated into a complete financial plan.
Federal employees can be helped greatly in understanding their various benefits from FEGLI, TSP, retirement annuity, survivor's benefits, eligible FERS income supplement and coordination with Social Security, health benefits program, and flexible spending alternatives. Additionally, as they near retirement he advises Federal employees how to secure their retirement income.
He is available for Federal Agency in-house employee training seminars on their benefit programs and offers individual consultations for Federal employees delivering a personalized extensive analysis of all their employee benefits and offers suggestions to help them take full advantage ot their benefits.
St. Louis Magazine has named Mr. Seibert as a FIVE STAR Best In Client Satisfaction for 2015* St. Louis Magazine partnered with Crecendo Business Services, an independent research firm, to find out which wealth managers successfully fulfilled key client satisfaction criteria and overall scored the highest in client satisfaction.
Five Star Professional, a third‐party research firm, identified pre‐qualified award candidates based on industry data and nominations it may have received from various industry firms and individuals in the surrounding area of the candidate. Self‐nominations were not accepted and candidates do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list. Award candidates were evaluated against objective eligibility and evaluation criteria including, but not limited to:
1. Credentialed as an investment adviser representative.
2. Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years.
3. Favorable regulatory and complaint history review:
- (1) has not been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being spended or revoked, or payment of a fine
- (2) has no more than three settled or pending customer complaints filed against them (excluding dismissed complaints) with any regulatory authority or through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process
- (3) has not individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint
- (4) never filed for personal bankruptcy
- (5) never been convicted of a felony.
4. Accepting new clients. The inclusion of a candidate on the final list should be not construed as an endorsement of the candidate by Five Star or any other organization. The Five Star award is not indicative of the advisor's future investment success and may not be representative of any one client’s experience. Further, there is no guarantee that the selected advisor will be awarded this recognition by Five Star in the future. For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.